Buying a new pair of jeans can be all thrilling and exciting until you find out that you’ve got the wrong waist size. This can turn out to be quite nerve-wracking because you cannot always have the option to go back and get your pants changed or make pants waist smaller . For, how to make dress pants waist smaller without sewing, sewing is the only conventional method that comes to our mind at first hand, but the problem is, jeans pants are hard to deal and that not everyone can have the ability to sew clothes.
Making pants waist smaller, there are a lot of unique methods that can make you learn how to make waist of jeans smaller without sewing or without needing to go to a tailor, thanks to the genius hacks from all around the world. These different methods on how to make jeans tighter in the waist without sewing would help you fit into your pants without the hectic methods of sewing.
In this article, you will come across some of the best methods on How to make Pants waist smaller without sewing that would help you set the waist size of your pants.
Can Everyone Alter The Size Of The Pants?
This question may commonly arise in the mind of a person as how to make pants waist smaller no-sew
Specially the one who has been the victim of buying loose pants for the first time. This is because sewing has somewhat become a profession now, with a mindset that not everyone can sew so for an escape we need to know how to tighten pants without sewing. Similarly, not everyone knows about the how to make loose jeans tight without sewing hacks, that can reduce the waist size.
But the thing is, how to fix pants that are too big without sewing, well, everyone can alter the waist size of their pants on their own by using some temporary fixes. Or if they know sewing, it can be done that way too. But sewing is not a piece of cake for everyone. So, you can learn from the below-given Hacks.
How to make pants tighter at the waist–How to make pants waist smaller hack
1.How to decrease the waistline on jeans-Use of Heat
This one is the most commonly used method for how to make waist of jeans smaller without sewing. Therefore, for how to make jeans tighter in the waist without sewing, the process involves that you should wash your desired pants with water having a hot temperature, and you should not use any kind of softener in it. Moreover, it is recommended to not use or mix up any other clothes with your pants, as this can lead to damage to those clothes.
- First if my jeans are too big in the waist, I will turn my pants on the interior side. This would help you prevent tearing, as the pants have chances to tumble during washing. Then, take a bucket with hot water, and soak your pants inside it if the jeans too big on waist. Make sure that your pants are completely soaked in, and you can use a stick to guard this factor for jeans waistband too big.
- How to fix waist gap on jeans without sewing. Now that you have washed your pants, it is time to dry them out for further functioning. Two drying methods can be used: Air drying and Machine drying. You can air-dry your pants too, but it would take a little longer. If you go for machine drying, make sure to dry out your pants at higher temperatures and speed, alongside higher drying time. This is because the pants are dense enough, and they need more time to remove all the water from them.
- This hot water process would make the pants fit into you as snuggly as possible. Therefore, after you have washed and dried them, wear them on without any stress. This is how to downsize jeans without sewing.
2.How to shrink jeans waist permanently- Boiling your pants
- What to do if jeans are too big in waist. This one is a follow-up method to the previous one, which can be used if the jeans too big at waist and you don’t want to wash your pants with hot water. So, you can boil them out, by taking a saucepan filled with water and soaking your pants entirely into it. Make sure that your pants are folded on the inner side to avoid any tearing.
- Now for fixing jeans that are too big, put the saucepan on heat. Put it on the stove until the water containing the pants starts boiling.
- After the water in the saucepan is boiled, lower the heat of the stove. Now, simmer the your really big jeans pants in the saucepan for about 20-25 minutes. This much time would prove to be effective for the results.
- After this time, turn off the stove. Take off the saucepan from the stove and bring out the loose waist jeans pants with the help of a stick to avoid contact with heat.
- Now, to dry them out, check the Care instructions given on the pants to find the best-suited drying method for altering jeans that are too big and the kind of pants you have. You can either air-dry or machine dries them. Just make sure that you do it for longer than usual.
- This step would make your jeans fitter and snugglier than before by shrinking the extra clothing on your pants’ waist. Therefore, you’d need to boil it in hot water every time you want to wear it out. This is how to make bigger pants fit.
3.How to make jeans waist smaller without sewing-By using a Belt Loop
Apart from sewing, there are times when you don’t even want to wear a belt. There can be many reasons for it, whether you don’t like to wear the belt, or it doesn’t suit your outfit. For that, how to make jeans smaller without sewing, well ,you can use a Belt Loop. This method can be mostly used in the cases where you find out about the jeans too big on waist at the last minute.
For jeans waist too big, take the belt loop on the closest spot to your pants’ button. Now, pass the loop over the button to hook it up. This can be an effective last-minute remedy as you pass the loop through the buttonhole. After this method, you’ll feel that your pants are more comfortable than before and this is how to style pants that are too big.
4.How to make jeans waist smaller with hair tie
If you are not fixing jeans that are too big , button up your pants easily due to a loose waist, there is the remedy of using a Rubber band to remove this problem. First, wear the pants to the normal height. Now, take a rubber band with a tied knot, so that it can easily hold the weight of your pants. Hook the rubber band just around the button of your pants this is how to button your pants tighter. This would help to catch up on your pants, allowing a comfortable fit, without any fear of slipping off the pants. This is how to take in jeans waist without sewing machine.
5.How to take in jeans-Use of a Spoon to fit the Jeans
For making pants smaller waist first of all, hang your pants on a hanger. Now take a Spoon, you can also get two of them if the space is not good enough where you can handle the pants easily.
- How do i make my jeans waist tighter? Above 6 inches your knee size put the round side of the spoon at the opposite side of the inside thigh of the pants and hold the spoon tightly so that it won’t slip away.
- Now, with the other hand, hold the closest waistband, which is normally the front or back side,to make pants tighter. Push down the waistband firmly while also pulling up all your energy to fit that area of the waistband.
- This would take the waistband of your pants to a slightly inside area of your pants. After you have done this process with both hands, now is the time to leave one spoon. The rest of the process will naturally take place. Gravity will help everything fall back into its place automatically, thats how to adjust pants waist.
- Lastly, repeat the process if you find any other area in need of this kind of a touch-up. This way, the pants grip would become firm.
6.Jeans button hack-Moving the Button
Another way of how to make waistband smaller without sewing and reducing the circumference of your pants is to move the jeans button to your desired fitting. First, remove the button with the help of a seam ripper. You can also use embroidery scissors for this purpose.
Now as my pants are too big around the waist,I put on the pants, and keep moving the buttonhole past the old button area. Stop when you find the desired fit and mark the area. Then, put off the pants and sew the same button on the new marked spot. Wear your jeans with a perfect fit. Thats how to button your pants tighter.
7.How to downsize jeans-Folding the Pants
There are times when you can’t find any kind of tool or instrument that could help on how to tighten shorts waist or to fit up your pants. In this situation, you need easy way to make pants smaller, hence you can turn the waistband to slightly tighten up your pants. You just have to simply button up the waste to the closest possible state. Fold it over about 2-3 inches closer to the waistband.
The waist can be folded on either the inner or outer side depending on your choice and preference. If the waist is folded on the inner side, it would give a neat look to your appearance but may prove to be uncomfortable. The reason is the inner side which may poke your belly. On the other hand, if you fold the waist on the outside, it’d not look much tidier, but comfort would be great, nevertheless its a quick fix for pants too big in waist.
8.How to tighten loose jeans waist By Using Safety Pins
How to take in jeans waist without elastic? First, wear the pants to identify the perfect size for yourself. How to pin pants that are too big- Grab the pants from both of your sides. This would help you to see how much excess cloth pants need to be handled. For more ease, mark these areas of pants to keep in mind what size is best for you.
Now, simply tuck up the safety pins on both sides of your pants. This is the simple and easiest way to handle the waist size. Also, if you feel worried about the visibility of these pins, make sure to wear long-sized shirts to hide these pants too big around waist hack areas.
9.How to make pants waist smaller with elastic
This jeans waist too big hack is almost the same as the previous one. For this one diy tighten waist of jeans, you should first wear the pants to measure the correct waist size for yourself. Then, gather the excess cloth area from both sides. This would let you know how much clothing is needed to get some work done.
Then, mark the areas in the form of inches. These marks should be put on the areas where the excess fabric meets. For further processing, take off your pants to know about the marked areas and use that to work on how to tighten loose jeans waist with hair tie.
How to make jeans waist smaller with rubber bands- Now, an elastic band is needed that can be measured with the help of marks you have put on your pants. Cut out the desired size of that elastic. Then, put on the pants again. This time hold two of the belt loops of the pants and pass the elastic through each of them. It would be preferred that these belt loops are on the back side of your pants to avoid any untidiness and hide this hack for jeans that are too big.
Finally, tie a knot between both the ends of the elastic band. This would not only hold up the elastic but would also reduce the waist size of the pants by keeping them in one place. You can wear a T-shirt of a large size to hide this hack if you want to.
10.How to make jeans waist smaller quickly- Use of a Binder Clip
Close the button of your pants to the perfect size after you have worn them down. About this hack for big waist jeans pants, you have to handle the pants from the top side. Pinch the pants from both of its sides to find out the quantity of excess cloth that needs to make your pants waist smaller, so that you can get a perfect fit.
How to resize pants that are too big- Once you have known the desired size, take a binder clip and tuck it up on the area where the pant is perfectly fitted. Repeat this process for the other side of pants too big hack too, which means you have to bind another of the same binder clip on the other side of the fighting area of the pants. Finally, you’d get the perfect fit that would help you walk away with complete confidence without any fear of loosening the waist. Wear a large T-shirt or hoodie to prevent these binders from being visible.
How to make pants tighter without a belt-Using a Dart Sewing hacks to tighten
In this how to alter jeans that are too big method, you can easily take in the sides of the waist pants too big by using darts. For this, you have to wear your pants in an inside-out manner. Now, take your hands on the back area of your pants. Gather the excess cloth area by pinching out the excess fabric from not only the back side of the pants but also from the belt loop. This fabric should be handled in the form of a bunch.
One thing is to make sure that you should have an equal amount of extra clothing on both sides of the belt loop that you want to make your pants waist smaller. Now, mark the areas on the pants where both the sides of excess fabric meet. This marking should be done in an equidistant manner from the side of the center belt loop side, to prevent any malfunction in this hack how to tighten loose jeans waist.
Now, for the sewing hacks to tighten process, take off your pants and put them on a linear area. Take some pins and put them on the marked areas of excess clothing on the pants. You can take these pins either on the high level of the pants, and the best one is to put them 3 inches from the waste into the pants. Or also these can be put on the knee level. This would be suitable if you want skinny jeans.
Now how to adjust pants waistline, Take a needle with a thread to make a frim stitch on the backside of the pants. This thread should be similar to the color of your pants. When you hem the excess cloth indie the pants, it would make the pants firm, and also the hem won’t come off every time you’d wear the pants. Finally, turn the pants to their original position and wear them pants too big hack out with confidence.
There are many non-sewing ways on how to make loose jeans tight without sewing through which you can learn how to tighten loose jeans waist without sewing, and can easily flaunt your jeans without any problem. Some of these jeans are too big hack are more effective than others. Just make sure to not use a method that can permanently alter the pants, in case you are taking to make your pants waist smaller for a short time.